Monday 30 August 2021

August 30, 1991: He said they wanted me to move out but I said I wouldn't


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday I called Michael Quinlan and he said they wanted me to move out but I told him I wouldn't. He said, "So you're not going to cooperate?" I answered, No." He said, "Nice talkin to ya" and hung up. Then he called back five minutes later and asked for a rent receipt, so I didn't know if they were collecting rent or not. 
            I was at St Clair and Bathurst for 11:00. Gary didn't show up until noon but while I was waiting for him I helped the woman put most of her boxes downstairs. Even after Gary made it there was a delay getting access for the truck to the alleyway. The lady gave me a stereo cabinet and two comforters. 
            I called Mike Copping and we arranged to meet at a bar at St Clair and Yonge. He drove my stuff to my place and then we went to see "Dead Again." It was one of the best films I'd ever seen. I wanted Nancy to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment