Tuesday 24 August 2021

August 24, 1991: All day on the moving job Mike and Alfred made silly jokes about bungee jumping


Thirty years ago today 

            On Saturday morning I was half an hour late to meet Mike and Alfred north of Islington and Lawrence because of one bus delay at Cummer and my mistake of going to Eglinton instead of Lawrence. On top of that I got off the Islington bus too soon and had to walk. But when I got there they only had a bunch of boxes on the truck. 
            We finished loading and then went for rotis and beer. All day long they were making silly jokes about bungee jumping. At the end of the day we each got a $10 tip. 
            I caught the Finch bus to the station and then headed down to my place for a while. I ran out to the variety store for a minute and when I came back Marcus and Sue were sitting on my steps. They came in briefly and told me Tom Smarda was coming to town. We arranged to get together for a drink before they left for England.

No comments:

Post a Comment