Saturday 12 March 2022

First Words


            On Friday morning I worked out the chords for all the verses of “Baby Boum” by Serge Gainsbourg and started working on the bridge. 
            It snowed a bit and the sidewalks were dusted, the rooftops of buildings and cars were white but it was pretty thin and it was already starting to disappear by the end of song practice. 
            I weighed 86.4 kilos before breakfast. 
            I was disappointed to find out I only got 77% for my keyword assignment, which is a B+.
            I worked on doing research for my essay proposal. I finished harvesting quotes from Oscar Wilde’s “The Decay of Lying” and gathered some others on the research that finds the colour blue was not seen before there was a word for it. 
            I weighed 86.8 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon it was snowing again, so I didn’t take a bike ride. So far, the snow isn’t sticking to the road but it’s wet. 
            I weighed 86.5 kilos at 18:00. 
            I think I gathered all the quotes that were required for my essay proposal. I next needed to write my annotated bibliography. I went online and looked for samples to follow. It seems to be like a “works cited” page but with quotes and a brief explanation as to how it would help my essay. I was almost finished before dinner. 
            I had a potato with steamed frozen lima beans and gravy while watching an episode of Astro Boy. 
            This story begins with Astro Boy’s robot parents reading him a bedtime story about Princess Lollipop, who turns into a swan and flies around during the day until midnight. Astro Boy sees something like a meteor falling and goes to investigate. He finds a robot version of Princess Lollipop in her swan form. At midnight she turns into a robot princess and wakes up. She says she has escaped from Hullaballoo Land and doesn’t want to go back. Then a robot dragon named Fire Snout and a big robot supervillain named Baron Hoodwink come for the princess. Astro Boy fights them to protect her but then Dr. Elefun arrives. Hoodwink shows him a bill of sale for the princess and Elefun tells Astro Boy that it’s legal and so he has to let him take the princess. After they’ve gone Elefun explains that Hullaballoo Land is an amusement park full of robots. The next day Astro Boy and Elefun visit Hullaballoo Land and find that the robots are all designed to represent characters from fairy tales, fantasy, and horror stories. The horror section has ghosts, monsters, and tax collectors. Astro Boy looks for the princess but most of the robots won’t say anything and the ones that do are suddenly grabbed by robot arms and taken away. But then Astro Boy meets one robot elf who is willing to help. He sneaks Astro Boy into the dungeon where the princess is being held. Astro Boy is then attacked by Hoodwink and fights off all of his tricks but then runs out of energy. Astro Boy is then captured by Dr. Magico, the creator of all the robots in Hullaballoo Land. The princess and the elf find him unconscious on a table in Magico’s lab. The princess gives Astro Boy the rest of her energy through her robot heart and then collapses. Astro Boy and the elf make their way to the robot factory where Astro Boy could get rejuvenated by the robot charger. In the factory they find that Magico is manufacturing guns to start a war. When the weapons are complete he plans to melt down all of the robots. Astro Boy has a struggle fighting his way to the charger but the little elf is quick and smart and a big help in fighting Hoodwink. After being charged Astro Boy defeats Hoodwink and Fire Snout. But Magico has a big disintegrator gun and is about to fire at Astro Boy. Suddenly all of the robots of Hullaballoo Land arrive to rebel against Magico. Now Hullaballoo Land will become a happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment