Monday 14 March 2022

March 14, 1992: There were no plantain chips in The Beaches


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday Mark came by for the rent. I gave him $150 more but I still owed him $60. I went out with the $7 I had left and bought soya spaghetti and fruit. I looked for plantain chips, but the health food stores in the Beaches didn’t seem to have them. I ate a few seedless tangerines when I got home. I tried to fix one of my record players but I didn’t want to frig around a long time and so I put the one that worked before on the credenza and the rest in the closet. I watched “Neon Rider”, “Counterstrike” and some other stuff. The place was a mess and so I worked until well into the next morning and managed to clean the kitchen and the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment