Monday 7 March 2022

March 7, 1992: Nancy and I argued about how long I was taking the baby out and when I said 8 hours she hung up on me


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I called Nancy at around noon, but she wasn’t home. That made me angry because she’d promised that I could see my daughter but she never called me about any change of plan. I finally got through at around 15:00 and we argued about how long I was taking the baby out. She wanted it to be just a few hours but when I said I wanted eight she hung up on me. I headed up there in a heat expecting a confrontation. Nancy’s friend Rakina was there. I was crying before Nancy let me take my daughter. I took her to my place but I didn’t feed her until we got there and so she was a little cranky. She didn’t seem to want the solid food this time and so I bought some cow’s milk, warmed it up and gave her that. She went to sleep at around 20:00 and so I had to pack her up then and take her back. She woke up before we got on the Warden bus and ate some solid food on the way up.

No comments:

Post a Comment