Saturday 19 March 2022

March 19, 1992: I bought fruit and vegetables for the last meal before my fast


Thirty years ago today

            Nancy had promised that I could see my daughter on Thursday, but she disappeared. I wasn’t able to reach her all day and I couldn’t believe she’d done that to me. 
            I went up to Yamaha to get my vacation pay from the Speedy guys that were loading or unloading their trucks there. 
            I bought some fruit and vegetables to eat that night since on Friday I would be starting my fast. 
            I called Nancy every half hour until around 11:30 when her mother answered and said Nancy was in bed. I was furious and demanded that they wake her up, but they said they wouldn’t. I rang the phone for several minutes until Nancy finally answered. She said she’d “forgotten” that I was to see my daughter today. I insisted that she let me see her on Friday and Saturday or Sunday, but she said I couldn’t see her on the weekend. We argued until she hung up. I let the phone ring for hours until her father answered and relayed the message that I could pick my daughter up on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment