Friday 25 March 2022

March 25, 1992: Carole Christmas believed the emotional and intellectual differences between men and women are learned


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I woke up at 6:23 and had to rush to catch a bus that would get me to Sheridan College in Brampton fifteen minutes late. I walked and I ran to Beach Avenue to cash my cheque at the ATM and then I caught a cab to the Main subway station. I got to Yorkdale just in time for the Bramalea Express. 
            The class went fine, and the pose was easier to hold than last time, but I had to give the other model, Carole Christmas, backrubs. 
            Carole and I had a long argument about gender. She believed there is no such thing as human instinct, and that there is no difference between men and women other than physical. She thought that the emotional and intellectual differences between the two sexes are learned. She had her heart set on it.
            Carole and I rode the bus to Brampton and then I caught the GO bus back to Toronto.
            I talked to my daughter on the phone when I got home. 
            Nancy confessed that she’d gone to the prenatal class reunion without telling me. The cunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment