Friday 18 March 2022

March 18, 1992: I posed in a marching band costume and a barker’s hat, while Carol Christmas wore the clown suit


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I tried to sleep during my bus ride to Brampton and made it to Sheridan College at around 7:40. Before work, I rested on the couch in the staff lounge. For the class, I was given a sort of marching-band-type costume and a barker’s hat to wear. The other model, Carol Christmas was in the clown suit. My pose was simple but difficult to hold. I worked until 11:00, took a break, and then started again at 11:30. We finished at 14:00. Carol took the cheaper GO bus that went the long way around back to Toronto and the Finch subway station. I caught the express bus to Yorkdale and then the southbound subway. I decided not to get off at Bloor to take the eastbound train but to go down to Osgoode and get on the Queen streetcar. But when I got to Queen Street, I saw roadblocks and so I walked down to catch the King car and then transferred to the Queen car at Broadview. I cooked split peas with lima beans, then watched TV and worked on projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment