Thursday 10 March 2022

"The only real people are the people who never existed" - Oscar Wilde


            On Wednesday morning I memorized the second verse of “Baby Boum” by Serge Gainsbourg and re-worked my translation. 
            I weighed 87.4 kilos before breakfast. 
            I looked for quotes to use for the annotated bibliography of my essay proposal, mostly from Oscar Wilde’s “The Decay of Lying.” 
            I weighed 87.1 kilos before lunch. I had peanut butter on a slice of toasted Bavarian sandwich bread and a glass of raspberry lemonade.
            I saw in the news online that we won’t have to wear masks anymore starting March 21. That made me feel good. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride to Yonge and Bloor. 
            I weighed 86.7 kilos at 17:30. 
            I harvested more quotes from “The Decay of Lying” such as “The only real people are the people who never existed” 
            I made naan pizza with marinara sauce and the last of my five-year-old cheddar. I had it with a glass of raspberry lemonade while watching an episode of Astro Boy. 
            This story begins with the master criminal Fearless Fred Fink being taken from Sing Song Prison to stand trial. Everyone knows he is guilty, but he is released because of insufficient evidence. Astro Boy and Dr. Elefun are at the trial and are disappointed with the result. They decide to cheer themselves up with a robot show. At the exhibit, they experience an amazing new invisible robot named Zero. But during the show Zero escapes and later it is discovered he has begun to work for Fred Fink. The first thing he does for him is to stop an armoured prison truck carrying thugs to Sing Song. The criminals are broken free to form a new crime syndicate with Fink at the helm. While they are releasing more prisoners from Sing Song, Astro Boy confronts Zero and tries to reason with him. He does not know that what he is doing is wrong because he is just following orders. Fink sends Zero with a time bomb to kill Elefun but Zero winds up blowing himself up. Zero’s mourning inventor Isaac Nutton gets a job working for the Institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment