Saturday 12 March 2022

March 12, 1992: Two teachers merged their classes because a model didn't show up. I hoped I would be paid double


Thirty years ago today

            I didn’t know why I wanted to catch the 10:43 GO Train to Oakville on Thursday morning. I got to Yonge and Queen at 10:15 and decided to go to Loblaws before heading down to Union Station. I bought roasted peanuts, some apples, and fresh grapefruit juice.
            At Sheridan College, I worked about an hour for the first class because there weren’t many students and they left early. I chatted with a guy about esoterica for a while and then I sat around until 18:00. I was about to work for my scheduled class when another teacher came and said his model hadn’t shown up and so he arranged with the other instructor to merge the two classes. I hoped that I would get paid for the other model’s time. I did a standing pose for the whole class and then got a ride with the teacher to Keele and Bloor. On the way home, it was too cold to walk from Victoria Park and so I got off the subway at Woodbine.

No comments:

Post a Comment