Sunday 20 March 2022

March 20, 1992: My daughter wouldn't eat on the bus because she was distracted by the green light that went on over the door when people got off


Thirty years ago today

            I got to Nancy’s to pick up my daughter by 9:00 on Friday. I wanted to spend as much time as possible with her because I had to work that night. She was awake but very restful with her face against my chest for a long while on the bus ride to my place. When we got there, I fed her while she played. She became cranky for a while but after I carried her around in my arms, she fell asleep around 13:30. I laid down beside her at 14:00 and we slept until 15:30. I changed her, then dressed her and we headed back to her mother’s place. She didn’t want to eat much on the bus because it was so crowded, and we were next to the door. She kept watching for the green light to go on. When I got her back, Nancy told me she was going to Hamilton all weekend and that was why I couldn’t see my daughter. 
            I got to Artists 25 a little after 19:00. I had a little difficulty with the pose, but the night went quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment