Sunday 27 March 2022

March 27, 1992: The new art teacher was impressed by my hand gestures and told me I had no mercy


Thirty years ago today

             On Friday morning I was up and out on time to catch the 6:55 GO Bus from Yorkdale to Brampton. I didn’t have to be at Sheridan College until 9:00 but I got there a little after 7:30 and relaxed before work. I posed with just my head, hands, and feet for a new teacher in the room where I usually worked for Anne Ziegler. She was impressed with my hand gestures and told me I had no mercy. I slept through the lunch hour and then did the same thing for the same teacher again until 16:00. I took a local bus to downtown Brampton where I bought a carbonated juice before catching the 17:00 GO Bus back to Toronto. I picked up some groceries on the way home and then called my baby daughter. She still didn’t seem to know me by my phone voice and only played with the receiver. I made a big salad and watched TV. I did some cleaning but the place was a real mess because I’d been working so much, and with the baby coming on the weekend I wouldn’t get much done.

No comments:

Post a Comment