Wednesday 23 March 2022

March 23, 1992: I decided on the fourth day that I couldn’t handle my water fast


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday I got up around 5:30 and slowly got ready to leave for work a little after 6:00. It was cold on the way up to the Torman warehouse and my feet got wet in the snow. I arrived just after 7:00 and Paul Burke and Ray Shutte were already there. We worked until around 17:15. 
            I had an appointment with my lawyer but when I called him, he said for me just to come to court half an hour early tomorrow. 
            I went home and decided that I couldn’t handle the water fast. I bought two big cans of V-8 and drank one of them. Later I made a big salad and that made me feel better. I didn’t know what it was that made me have to quit even though I’d been able to go for eleven days two years before. Maybe it was all of the emotional strain from fighting with Nancy. I just didn’t seem to have the will to fast for those last couple of years. Even though I broke it I was still determined to stick to a decent diet throughout Lent. Just salads and fruit until April 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment