Thursday 24 March 2022

March 24, 1992: My lawyer and me ran through my answers to all of Nancy’s slanders


Thirty years ago today 

            On Tuesday I found something fairly clean to wear, washed the baby food off my pants with a damp rag, brushed my coat, and then headed for court. My lawyer got there maybe ten minutes after me. We went over my answers to all of Nancy’s slanders, and I made a few corrections. Nancy showed up without my daughter, but her parents brought the baby later and it was good to hold her. It was getting close to 11:00 but still court hadn’t started. I was scheduled to work that day at Sheridan College. My lawyer tried to tell me that he hadn’t made any promises about finishing by 11:00, but he had. We negotiated in the hall. Nancy wanted me to only have six-hour visits and to always bring the baby back by 19:00. We went into court and the judge seemed nice, but this was only a pre-trial. I had to settle for seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment