Friday 18 November 2022

Frank Inn


            On Thursday morning I listened to "J'ai pas d'regret" (I've No Regrets" a couple of times to get a sense of the melody. Tomorrow I'll start memorizing the song. 
            I finished working out the chords for "Haine pour aime" (Hate For Mate) and ran through the song in French. Tomorrow I'll sing it in English and then upload it to Christian's Translations. 
            I worked on getting caught up on my journal because over the last couple of days school work had caused me to fall behind. 
            I weighed 84.9 kilos before lunch at 13:45, which is the lightest I've been at that time in 15 days.
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and back. Some parts of the Bloor bike lane were fully cleared of snow, on others there was just a narrow cow path made by bike tires that was passable, but some parts were plugged up and I had to ride on the street. I stopped at Freshco on the way home where I bought five bags of red grapes, two packs of on sale five-year-old cheddar, kettle chips, a container of skyr, a jug of orange juice, a jug of limeade, and a pack of Sponge Towels. 
            I weighed 84.8 kilos at 17:45. That's the least I've weighed at that time in 8 days. 
            I put olive oil, salt, and chili flakes on some chicken drumsticks and grilled them in the oven. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 19:16. 
            I read the Medieval Chester play about Noah's flood. It doesn't really explain how that little family was able to herd wild beasts like lions into the ark. 
            I spent some time organizing my notes on Chiac for my final essay. 
            I had a potato with gravy and two chicken drumsticks while watching season 2, episode 12 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            Jed tells Mr. Milburn Drysdale that he wants to go back to the Tennessee to find a wife so that Elly May can have a mother, because she's getting wilder every day. She's started to drive through the house on Jethro's motorcycle. Drysdale doesn't want Jed to leave and so he promises him that he can find an eligible bride in Beverly Hills. 
            When the wealthy Mrs. Fenwick comes to see Drysdale about financing a construction project called Honeymoon Lane he gets the idea to try to matchmake between the two. The Clampetts still think that Fenwick is destitute and that the tiny gatehouse outside of her estate is where she lives. She arrives at the Clampett mansion in her Rolls Royce driven by her chauffeur Beasley, who they think is the rich man who lives in the big house over the wall from the gatehouse. They think Beasley has taken pity on Fenwick and is acting as her benefactor. Fenwick steps out of the car with her little fluffy dog that Granny thinks is a lamb being offered as a dowery. As Fenwick talks with Jed using words like partnership, getting down to business, not needing to go to court, and Honeymoon Lane, Jed thinks she's overly aggressive about marrying him. When she finally realizes that he's talking about marriage she storms away. 
            The animals that appeared on The Beverly Hillbillies were trained by Frank Inn. At the age of seventeen he went to Hollywood. One day he was run over by a car and pronounced dead. His body was taken to a morticians school to use for embalming practice, but before they started, one of the students noticed he was alive. While recovering, he was given a dog which he trained and realized he had talent in that area. He was already working in maintenance for MGM studios and became a trainer for the animals in their movies. One of his first jobs was handling the dog Asta that appeared in the Thin Man movies. Then he worked with Pal the dog, better known in movies as Lassie. Around this time the Patsy Awards for cinematic animal training began. Inn's first Patsy was the second one given out and it was for Orangey the cat's role as "Cat" in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Orangey also appeared as one of Catwoman's cats in the Batman TV series. He won another Patsy for his training of the pig that played Arnold Ziffel on Green Acres. His most famous charge was Higgins the Dog which was a regular on Petticoat Junction and went on to star in the Benji movies. Inn initially rescued Higgins from a shelter before training it. He also trained the dog that played Tramp on My Three Sons. Inn won a total of 40 Patsy Awards throughout his career. He kept the cremated remains of the pets that played Benji, Arnold, and Tramp and specified that he wanted them placed in his coffin after he died. 




            For the second night in a row I found no bedbugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment