Sunday 6 November 2022

November 6, 1992: I waited all day for a call from Nancy about picking up my daughter downtown but she decided not to go and didn't think of telling me


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday I was supposed to pick up my daughter downtown, but I didn't know when and where, and I waited all day for a call from her mother. I was ready to go at 15:00 so I phoned Nancy's place to see if there was a message and Nancy answered the phone. She'd decided not to go downtown after all and hadn't even thought of calling me. So, I went downtown to copy a collage and to pick up some pay cheques. I didn't have my bank card and so I had to go to my branch at Bloor and Bay to cash them. Then I paid $100 on my phone bill and went down to Kinkos. The copies I got weren't satisfactory and so they only charged me about ninety-five cents for the fifteen or so copies that I'd made. I went to Henry's for darkroom supplies, then on the way home I bought a barbecued chicken and some groceries. Carol called and talked for hours. I hadn't been able to see Marie for a long time it seemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment