Wednesday 2 November 2022

November 2, 1992: The North York Board of Education sent my cheque to my old address


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday morning I headed through a heavy rain to work at West Toronto Secondary School. Of course, the teacher wasn't ready and none of the students showed up for the first three-quarters of an hour. I posed for just the teacher and one student until just fifteen minutes before the end of class. Then I went up and called on Sebastian. She said she was in a meeting, but she would let me into the lobby. I waited a good ten minutes and then called her back but all I got was her answering machine, so I left a message and went for coffee at the donut shop. I played Arkanoid and then called Marie. She said she had a painful throat and thought it was more than a cold, so she was going to the doctor. I worked in the afternoon at Central Technical School and then went home. Marie didn't phone me back. I called the North York Board of Education about my cheque and learned that it had been sent to my old address. I went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment