Friday 18 November 2022

November 18, 1992: Mike Copping and I tried to get into the For Your Eyes Only gentleman's club we didn't meet the dress code


Thirty years ago today

             On Wednesday I worked at Humber College. I told Rosemary about the controversy over my submissions to Grubb Magazine and she said she wanted to read them. After work I went home. Marie was busy with her mother those days, so we couldn't get together. 
            In the evening I worked at the Ontario College of Art for Sandra Altwerger doing all short poses. I met a woman who recognized me from when I posed for the Whitby Art Group way back ten years before. She'd given me a cross and wondered what happened to it. I didn't know anything about it other than knowing that I didn't have it, and I felt bad to say so. 
            As I go to catch the streetcar home, Mike Copping comes driving around the corner. I'd told him that I'd be working there until 22:00 but he'd told me he couldn't make it down. We drove to Parkdale to check out the hookers and then tried to get into the For Your Eyes Only gentleman's club on King Street but we couldn't because we didn't meet the dress code. 
            Mike spent the night at my place, and we listened to Telepersonals profiles until I got a call from one of the girls. The three of us talked until 2:30 on Thursday when Mike went to bed. I talked to Ann for another half an hour, and she said she'd call me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment