Sunday 13 November 2022

November 13, 1992: I took my daughter with me to apply for Christmas help at Canada Post and she was very hard to handle


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday morning my daughter was brought down to me. I had an appointment to apply for Christmas help at Canada Post and I had to take her with me. Security almost didn't let me in because there was a policy against allowing children into the plant. I gently persisted and made it through. We waited a long time while she wandered around and played with the vending machines. It was very difficult as we got to the application room because she was so hard to handle. She kept either wanting to grab what I had or to wander off. A lady who was taking the applications held her for a while. I was the last one out, then we went downtown where I bought a telephone. She fell asleep and so I picked the first cheap one I could find. When I got home, I found that my old phone was working again. I had the baby overnight because her mother went to Whitby.

No comments:

Post a Comment