Wednesday 30 November 2022

November 30, 1992: I took $280 from savings, put $200 in an envelope with my cheques, but stupidly deposited them back into savings


November 30, 1992 

            On Monday I got up at around 8:45 and fixed the string on my trunks. I shaved my neck and left for work. I did a standing pose in the morning. I called Marie at lunch, arranged to meet her at 16:20 and then I read the paper. I did a sitting pose for the first half of the afternoon and then another standing pose. I had the intention of transferring some money from savings to chequing, depositing two cheques and then taking out some money to buy a Metropass. I took out $280, kept $80, then put $200 in an envelope with my cheques, but automatically and stupidly deposited them all back into savings. I left it all there because I didn't want to pay a double service charge. I went down to Market Square and called Marie but there was no answer. I read the paper a bit and called again but there was still no response. I browsed the bookstore and then dialed her number again, but she seemed not to be home. I had a juice and then gave it another try with success. But she was too depressed about her mother to go out and so I went to Harvey's where I wrote this.

No comments:

Post a Comment