Thursday 24 November 2022

November 24, 1992: Bram Stoker's Dracula is an allegory for the clash between religious thought and the rediscovery of the subconscious through psychoanalysis


Thirty years ago today 

            On Tuesday at noon I had a driving lesson. He had to cancel my December 5 appointment and so he gave me an extra half hour. He dropped me off at Market Square where Marie was waiting for me with the tickets. Dracula was fantastic! Keanu Reeves wasn't so hot but everybody else was. I saw the story as an allegory for the clash between religious thought and the rediscovery of the subconscious through psychoanalysis. Marie and I kissed for a long time while the credits rolled. Then she went to make some phone calls while I waited for about an hour. We toasted life eternal with V8 juice and talked. She told me later that she had masturbated while thinking of me and had a triple orgasm. I went to work at the Ontario College of Art until 22:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment