Tuesday 22 November 2022

Kathy Kersh


            On Monday morning I memorized the fourth and fifth verses of "Con c'est con ces conséquences" (I Can't Stand These Consequences) by Serge Gainsbourg and almost nailed down the last verse. I should have the whole song in my head on Tuesday. 
            I weighed 85.3 kilos before breakfast. 
            At 10:45 I logged onto Zoom for our English in the World class presentation rehearsal. I was in panel one and there were supposed to be six students but there were only four when we started. Matthew only appeared in the chat but then disappeared, so I was just with Rosemary and Ava. Hiro was assigned as MC but since he wasn't there I called shotgun on being master of ceremonies for our group presentation. I was taken by surprise to learn that because we are group-one our presentations are this Wednesday. I thought that I would have time to prepare something special, but this is something I have to record and upload by midnight on Tuesday so I'm really going to have to do it on the fly. 
            We all went over our main ideas. Ava is presenting on "A Language Lost", about the Inuktitut language in Nunavut. Rosemary's presentation is on "The Links Between Language and Identity in Northern Ireland." After that there wasn't much to do so we were done halfway through the class. When I left the breakout room I talked to professor Percy and she said she's confident I'll do something good because I wrote an excellent first essay. 
            I weighed 85.1 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride. It was much warmer than yesterday, so I didn't put on extra layers. 
            I weighed 84.7 kilos at 17:00. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:00. 
            I spent about two hours trying to condense the notes for my Chiac essay into a five-minute presentation. Once that's done I'll still have to put it into a power point presentation with slides and maybe some videos. 
            I had a potato with gravy and three chicken drumsticks while watching season 2, episode 16 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            Granny complains that they have no meat to eat because every edible animal they get is made into a pet by Elly May. Jethro says Mr. Drysdale told him that there's a woman named Beverly Caterers who will deliver food to them any time they don't feel like cooking. They think that Beverly Caterers is a woman and not a business. When Granny tells the woman on the phone she wants baked possum and hog jowls the woman says they are a bunch of nuts. Granny thinks she's offering to send over some nuts with the meat. Granny asks what she can do for her and though we don't hear it the response is apparently rude before the person hangs up. 
            Meanwhile a kangaroo is delivered in a crate to Drysdale's back yard. It turns out that it's from a friend of Milburn playing a practical joke. But the kangaroo gets away and wanders over to the Clampett house where Granny sees it and thinks it's a giant jackrabbit. When Granny tells Jed about it he thinks she's been hitting the jug. When she tries to show him the kangaroo it is gone but it has moved to the front of the house. Just by chance only Granny sees the animal and so Jed becomes increasingly concerned that Granny has been drinking. 
            When Jethro tells Jane about Beverly Caterers she tells him that Drysdale holds the mortgage on their business. Drysdale forces them to deliver food and an apology to the Clampetts. Bill Tinsman is the owner of Beverly Caterers and he drives Marian Billington over to apologize before they deliver the food. Jed is surprised when Bill says that he owns Beverly Caterers because he thinks Bill means the woman is his slave. When Bill and Marian see and hear Granny raving about a giant jackrabbit they think she's nuts and run away. 
            Marian was played by Kathy Kersh, who won the title of Miss Junior Rose Bowl at the age of seventeen. Her first onscreen acting job was a small part on 77 Sunset Strip. She was Miss Rheingold Beer in 1962. She was married to Vince Edwards of Ben Casey fame for four months and had one child with him. Then she married Burt Ward, who played Robin in the Batman TV series and they were together for two years. She met him when she was playing the Joker's girlfriend Cornelia on two episodes of Batman. She released two singles, "Hurts So Bad" and "St. James Infirmary". Her only film role in the 60s was The Americanization of Emily. In the 70s she co-starred in the movie Gemini Affair. She played a super human THRUSH girl in The Man from UNCLE. She gave up acting in the early 70s, went to college, and later became successful in the real estate business. 




            


            
           I searched for bedbugs and found one on the right side of the frame of the old exit door at the foot of my bed. I killed it with my toothpick before I noticed it after poking the little stick into a tiny hole.



No comments:

Post a Comment