Monday 7 November 2022

November 7, 1992: My daughter dragged her diapers out of the store and down the street in the wrong direction


Thirty years ago today 

            Nancy brought my daughter over very early on Saturday when I was still in bed. She was off to Buffalo until late and so the baby would be staying overnight with me. We went for a walk before noon, and she fell asleep before we were out of the nature trail. She slept for three hours, and I fed her when she woke up, but she didn't have much of an appetite, perhaps because I'd burned the beans. We went for another walk up to Gerrard and back down to Queen where I bought some diapers. My daughter dragged them out of the store and down the street in the wrong direction, but I didn't have the heart to turn her around. She went north on Lee Avenue as she insisted on carrying them but kept struggling and failing. That night I fed her some soy milk, and she went to sleep at around 22:00. I stayed up for another five hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment