Sunday 20 November 2022

November 20, 1992: I told myself that I had to stop using Telepersonals so much because of the big phone bill


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday I worked at the Ontario College of Art all day for the first part of a pretty easy two week pose. I picked up my Board of Education cheque then cashed it and made a payment at Bell Canada. I told myself that I needed to stop using Telepersonals so much because of the big phone bill I ran up. I had to promise the phone company that I'd pay $100 that day and then $75 a week until it was paid off, but I didn't know if I'd have any money next weekend. I bought some imported beer and some barbecued chicken on the way home. I called Carol Gault and ate in her ear while she told me about a film on Camille Paglia that was playing all weekend at the Euclid Theatre. We made a date to go either Saturday or Sunday. I got the place mostly cleaned up for my daughter's next visit and then watched TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment