Monday 28 November 2022

Sexy Angels of Sodom


            On Sunday morning I memorized the third verse of "J'ai pas d'regret" (I've No Regrets) by Boris Vian. 
            I memorized the second and third verses of "En rire de peur d'être obligée d'en pleurer" (No Good Crying it's Best to Choose Laughter Always) by Serge Gainsbourg. There's just one verse left with only two lines that haven't been repeated, so I should have the song nailed down tomorrow. 
            I weighed 84.8 kilos before breakfast. 
            I started reading a prose translation of the Medieval poem "Patience", which many scholars attribute to the poet known as "The Gawain Poet" or "The Pearl Poet". I think "Patience" is more similar in descriptive style to "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight" than "Pearl". 
            I weighed 85.1 kilos before lunch. I had saltines with five-year-old cheddar and a glass of limeade. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride. When I left my place the landlord and the guy on the cherry picker were just packing it in for the day after the guy had been working on the front of the roof for twelve hours. 
            It was lightly raining as I headed up Brock and it increased enough as I went east along the Bloor bike line for me to turn south on Shaw and head home. 
            I weighed 84.5 kilos at 16:30. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:25. 
            I finished reading "Patience", which tells the story of Jonah. Patience seems to mean one must have patience with god. 
            I edited my English in the World lecture notes. Next I'll mix them with the text from the lecture slides. 
            I read most of the poem "Cleanness", which is also attributed to the Gawain Poet. It recounts several incidents from the Bible in which "god" responded with destruction to unclean actions of humanity, including the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, etc. 
            I made pizza on a slice of Bavarian sandwich bread with Basilica sauce and five-year-old cheddar. I had it with a beer while watching season 2, episode 22 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            Jed and Granny are lamenting the absence of fresh game in Beverly Hills. He can't find anything to shoot and anything he traps gets made into a pet by Elly May. Mr. Drysdale brings the Clampetts a stuffed deep-sea fish to hang in their billiard room but they think it's for them to eat. No matter how much Granny cooks it she can't make it tender. Drysdale says he's going to take them deep sea fishing and gets them some equipment. 
            They try fishing in the Los Angeles river which probably used to be a river but is now a concrete canal. All Granny catches is a boot. 
            Drysdale promises to take them out on a boat but Granny says she won't go on a boat. Drysdale decides to take them to Marineland first the next day to give Granny a taste of what she's missing. They decide to save him the trouble and go to Marineland today. They think that Marineland belongs to the Marines and when they get there they just happen to meet a Marine who tells them to catch the whales. When Granny sees a whale she wants one and wants to use Jethro as bait to catch it. Jed knows that wouldn't work out. 
           Elly makes friends with several sea animals and when they get home they see that she's stolen one of the seals. They take it back and Granny brings a lasso to try to snare a whale. 
            I finished reading Cleanness. It ends with the fall of Belshazzar after Daniel interpreted the writing on the wall. 
            I searched for bedbugs and found none.

No comments:

Post a Comment