Monday 8 May 2023

Ingeborg Kjeldsen


            On Sunday morning I finished memorizing "Dernière valse" (Final Waltz) by Boris Vian. Tomorrow I'll start looking for the chords.
            I memorized the second verse of "Quoi" by Serge Gainsbourg. 
            I weighed 85.8 kilos before breakfast. 
            Around midday I cleaned the last part of the southern wall of my bathroom above the bathtub, including the shower nozzle, the lever, the tap and the shower rack. The rack took quite a while because it was caked in soap. 
            I weighed 86.3 kilos before lunch, which is the most I've weighed at that time this year and it's 0.9 kilos heavier than this date last year. I had saltines with five-year-old cheddar and a glass of limeade. 
            When I woke up from my siesta it was raining again and so I missed out on another bike ride. 
            I weighed 86.1 kilos at 16:15. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:05. 
            I reviewed the videos of me playing "Mamadou" and "Post Colonial Breakdown" from June 20 to June 27 of last year but they all end on the A chord and it sounds off. 
            I spent about forty-five minutes searching again for video clips that fit with my line, "for the rest of their life they will be walking slow from shock therapy", but found nothing. I think the clip I already have in Movie Maker of the three wives of Dracula from the 1931 film might work, so I'll give that a try tomorrow. 
            I scanned several more photos, some black and white and some colour, and mostly street shots from the 1980s. I was surprised to find among the coloured ones shots of a Buffy Sainte Marie concert. I know my ex-girlfriend Whitefeather and I saw her perform on Canada Day at Harbourfront in 1984 with the opening act being an unknown Jim Carrey, but I thought that was before I had a camera. Maybe it was one of those little cheap cameras that I used for a while back then. It just seems that some of the shots look like they are from the late 80s and so I'm confused. Maybe it was partially used film from 1984 that I finished off in 1987. Unless there was a second Buffy concert that I attended later and forgot about. There seem to be more of that set of coloured negs. I'll scan some more tomorrow and maybe the images will jog my memory. 
            I made pizza on naan with Basilica sauce and five-year-old cheddar. I had it with a beer while watching season 7, episodes 22 and 23 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            In the first story some Commerce Bank employees come with Mr. Cratchit to the fifth floor for the free healthcare that Mr. Drysdale promised. When the new employee Carol Bennett hears that Jed has $80 million and fixes shoes she breaks the heel off one of her shoes so she can meet him. When Drysdale sees them he tells them to go back to work but then Jed and Granny arrive and he tells Granny he's brought her some patients. But they prefer Jethro's psychiatrist's office to Granny's dental chair. Elly comes in with a pregnant cat and wants to put her in the maternity ward. Granny says that since she's not a Drysdale employee she can't treat her. But Elly says she could catch mice after she has the kittens and so Granny says to list her as a cleaning lady named Louise Cats. 
            Carol flirts with Jed and tells him he looks like John Wayne. He says he hopes nobody tells John Wayne he looks like Jed Clampett. 
            Jane Hathaway tells Drysdale that Carol is a nightclub singer who only came to work at the bank so she could get a line on his biggest depositors. Drysdale comes to take Carol away from Jed before she snags him. While he's up there Granny tells him that the cleaning lady is having babies. If word gets out that there is an unlicensed obstetrician practicing at his bank he'll be ruined. Carol promises to keep it quiet if he'll stop trying to curb her ambitions. 
            The Clampetts decide to give up the fifth floor. 
            In the second story Sam Drucker has been trying to get in touch with the Clampetts because he won a trip to Los Angeles in a contest for selling the most soybeans. He has to catch a plane and he's been calling the Clampetts for six days. Bobbie Jo Bradley says she'll send them a telegram. Sam says to say he's been trying to get them, he's coming to Los Angeles to claim his prize and that he'll call on arrival. Someone from the telegraph service reads it to Granny over the phone but what she hears is, "I've been trying to get you. I'm coming to claim my prize. I'll call on a rival." Sam arrives and Jethro is trying to help Granny play hard to get by saying she has a continuous stream of suitors. He's doing this to keep Sam from marrying her and taking her back to Hooterville because then he'll starve to death. Dash Riprock comes for a date with Elly but Jethro tells Sam he's there for Granny. Sam of course is oblivious to all of this as he has no romantic intentions towards Granny and doesn't think she has them for him either. 
            Elly has made some of her gigantic inedible donuts but Sam likes them. 
            Jethro asks Dash to pretend to court Granny to keep Jed from closing down the movie studio. Dash puts on a Lone Ranger costume and arrives on a white horse to call for Granny. She jumps on the back and they ride away. 
            In the first story Carol Bennett was played by Ingeborg Kjeldsen, who was born Yvonne Kjeldsen but oddly chose to change her first name to Ingeborg. She appeared in Kismet on Broadway in 1953, and in the tours of the show in 1955 and 1962. Her first screen appearance was Tales of Wells Fargo and her last was as Foxy Lady in Smokey and the Bandit.

No comments:

Post a Comment