Friday 19 May 2023

May 19, 1993: The teacher I was posing for gave me a set of 14 oil pastels


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I had to be at Northern Secondary School at 12:48 to pose for a portrait class. I brought my first collage along because I planned on copying it later. But I decided to just start working on the surface while I was there in the studio. I borrowed some oil pastels from Mr. White and he gave the set of fourteen colours to me at the end of the class! After work I called Mike Copping but he was too tired to meet. I invited him to help me celebrate my birthday on May 22 and he said he would think about it. I went home and finished cleaning up after my daughter's birthday two days before. I did some darkroom work and developed a picture of a house with a tree in front of it in Little Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment