Tuesday 30 May 2023

May 30, 1993: Nancy would have killed me if she'd found I'd fed our daughter bacon


Thirty years ago today 

            On Sunday my daughter and I got up at around 7:30. I was still trying to salvage my birthday from four days before when I didn't have the money to celebrate it properly, so I got her ready and took her out for breakfast. We were too early for anything in the Beaches and so we walked all the way to Coxwell with her red wagon and went to The Mecca. Nancy would have killed me if she'd found out that I'd fed our daughter bacon, but she had a really good time. We went to visit Tom Smarda but he'd gone to church, so we walked back to the Beaches and played in the Kew Park playground. We went home and she played with the hose in the back yard. She went to sleep at around 17:00 and was still down at 20:30 when I started getting her ready to take back to her mother. She didn't wake up until we were at the bus stop. A lady gave us a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment