Friday 12 May 2023

May 12, 1993: At lunch I danced to the radio in the empty classroom, worried somebody might walk in but having fun cutting loose


Thirty years ago today 

            On Wednesday I woke up at 8:55, put on my tight, newly sewed old jeans and headed out to catch the bus. I forgot to leave the rent in the mailbox on my way but I doubted that Carl would be by until that night and hoped he wouldn't. I wrote this at work at Northern Secondary School while on a break from a pose that would be finished in one more session. I did some writing during my lunch hour and also danced to the radio. I was nervous about somebody walking in but I had fun cutting loose while all alone in the big studio. After work I went home long enough to get something to eat and then headed back out to work at the Ontario College of Art. I posed for Marie Charbonneau's class. At breaktime I walked all the way down to Queen to buy a lottery ticket. After work I went home, worked on Moon cycles and watched TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment