Wednesday 17 May 2023

May 17, 1993: It was my daughter's second birthday


Thirty years ago today 

            On Monday it was my daughter's second birthday and we got up around 7:30. We made pancakes and then she wanted to paint and so I brought out the acrylics. At 9:00 her mother still hadn't shown up and so I let her open the bubble blowing stuff and we went through the whole bottle. Then I let her open the xylophone and she was banging on it when Nancy came in. We got her to open the red wagon and started to put it together but she wanted to do it her way and so the bolts and nuts ended up all over the place. We walked to Queen and she had a Nanaimo bar and then Nancy bought her a marzipan frog. 
            I took my daughter to work with me and it went surprisingly well. She spent most of the time putting the washroom key into the supply closet lock. After work we met her mother on Eglinton and we just let our daughter wander around while we followed her. She wanted to go into Il Fornello and so we went in and had some pizza, while she just ate brown sugar, salt, pepper, and breath mints. She played with the water glasses and spilled a lot. We walked to Eglinton and Yonge where she played with an automatic door. Nancy was getting bored and so we went to Yonge and Eglinton Centre where she went into a book store while my daughter and I rode up and down the escalator about fifty times and then tried on about thirty pairs of sunglasses. We went into the book store to meet her mother and she wanted to take all of the books off the shelves. I took some pictures of her in front of a statue. Nancy changed her diaper and then I bought her a muffin, after which she wanted a chocolate bar, so I got her a Three Musketeers. We went to Lime Rickey's where she ate french fries if she wiped the cheese off but wouldn't eat the chicken fingers. Then someone gave her some jelly beans which I put in her pocket. She was about to go to sleep when I put her on the train with her mother. I went home and put together her wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment