Monday 8 May 2023

May 8, 1993: On Saturday morning there was no rush hour so transit moved quickly


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I woke up at 6:39 and was worried that I wouldn't make it to Sheridan College in Oakville on time. But on Saturdays fewer passengers are getting on and off at the stops and so transit moves more quickly. I had plenty of time to catch the 7:43 GO Train, which seemed to run awfully slowly. I wrote this as it was just pulling into Oakville. I got to Sheridan with nineteen minutes to spare. Work went fine with quite a bit of free time. I made some phone calls from the office at lunchtime and when I called Nancy I got a message that she wanted me to meet her at Eaton Centre. I was finished at 16:30 and so I had to wait for the 17:30 train. I didn't want to meet Nancy because I needed to shop for a birthday present for my daughter but I went there anyway. When I got to the mall Nancy wasn't there and so I called and found out that she'd canceled. By then all of the stores were closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment