Wednesday 3 May 2023

Lori Saunders


            On Tuesday morning I memorized the fourth verse of "Dernière valse" (Final Waltz) by Boris Vian. That's over half the song. 
            I searched for the chords for "Adieu Bijou" by Serge Gainsbourg but no one had posted them and so I worked them out for the intro and about half the first verse. 
            I weighed 85.3 kilos before breakfast.  
            In the late morning I took my clothing and bedding to wash at the Himalayan Laundry. After putting my stuff in the machine I went to my bike and I saw what was either a big mouse or a small rat running along the sidewalk beside the laundry. It kept itself close to the wall and it was making its way toward the Salvation Army Thrift store but when it saw the guys unloading a truck there it turned around. I walked directly towards it because I thought it would be scared and veer off but it just kept on coming at me until I stamped my foot and it scurried down into the parking lot to run along the edge of the concrete rise of the sidewalk in the direction of the computer store. I had my laundry back home at around 12:45. 
            I weighed 84.7 kilos before lunch.
            I took a siesta about half an hour longer than usual. Maybe because the freshly cleaned sheets were so comfortable. 
            When I got up it was raining again and so I missed another bike ride. It's been four days since I've ridden downtown. At least I got some exercise riding back and forth to the laundromat. 
            I weighed 84.8 kilos at 16:15. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:00. 
            I imported the microphone recording of my June 11, 2022 song practice into Audacity and increased the volume. Then I imported parts A and B of the video for that session into Movie Maker and also imported the amplified audio. I synchronized the audio with the video and then started a project called "Kenya" from the synchronized file. In part B the audio is a few seconds behind and so tomorrow I'll have to synchronize it again for that project. 
            I downloaded the video clip of the shaking jelly molded in the shape of a brain. I converted it to AVI, imported it into Movie Maker and made a movie of it in that format. In the Movie Maker project for creating a video of my song "Instructions for Electroshock Therapy" I imported the Jelly Brain video and inserted it into the main video to correspond to the line, "makes them shake like Jell-o". I then converted that clip to grey scale so it doesn't look bright red and cheery. The next line is "so for the rest of their life they will be walking slow from shock therapy", so now I need to find some video that will fit with that. I searched for about twenty minutes typing various searches but found nothing so far. I'll make the search more general and try again tomorrow. 
            I scanned several more negatives. There were a couple of strips of that set of extremely damaged colour negs resulting in interesting abstract images. I didn't make the mistake this time of trying to clean them because last time the colours ran and stained my kitchen table. I had to use Comet to get most of it off. Some of the undamaged shots I scanned are from the mid-80s but most are coloured fashion shots that I took of my ex-girlfriend Brenda in the late 80s. 
            I grilled ten chicken drumsticks in the oven and had two with a potato and gravy while watching season 7, episodes 12 and 13 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            Jethro comes home driving a hand built, wedge designed, rear engine, turbo charged, twin spear. With him is his latest discovery and he says her name is going to be a household word but he forgets her name. It's Jean Rivers. Jethro tells Jed he traded the truck for the car and only owes $18,000 on it now. Jed makes him take the car back and get the truck. Granny overhears them talking about the truck but thinks they're talking about her when Jethro says they should get rid of that broken down wreck. Jed says when the time comes she can't go no more they'll ship her back to the hills and give her to some poor kids to play with. Jethro goes back to get the truck but returns with a dune buggy and a hippy named Medicine Man. Jethro says he only owes $3000 0n the buggy. Jed makes him take it back. Jethro brings back the truck but says it needs new parts and so Jed gives him some money for that. He comes back with the truck changed into a hot rod. Jed makes him take it back and he returns with an entirely different hot rod. Jed makes him go get the truck and this time Granny goes with him. Jethro comes back with the same hot rod and without Granny. Granny pushes the truck back, after having forced the mechanics to put it back together. There is a dispute over which vehicle is better and then a challenge is made. They have a race at the race track. Granny fuels the truck with moonshine and wins. Now Jethro thinks the old truck is cool and begs Granny to let him drive it again. Technically that truck belongs to Jethro's mother who is only Jed's cousin and so it's really more Jethro's than anybody else's among the Clampetts. 
            In the second story it's a week before Christmas. Granny and Jethro get letters from Hooterville. Granny is sweet on Sam Drucker and she thinks that the fact that his letter smells like sow belly shows romantic intentions. He's the town grocer and he writes his letters on butcher paper but Granny is sure he's going to propose in the letter. Jethro's letters are from Billie Jo and Bobbie Jo Bradley and they've both promised to marry him. Elly May brings in her pet bear Fairchild and while Granny isn't looking he eats Sam Drucker's letter. 
            Meanwhile at the Commerce Bank, Drysdale's employees are revolting because he wants them all to work half a day at Christmas. They start sending him presents that tick. 
            Back in Hooterville Billie Jo and Bobbie Jo talk about their plans to get revenge on Jethro for promising to marry both of them. They tease Sam about his letters to Granny. He says the proof that he's not romantically inclined towards Granny is the fact that he wrote the letters on butcher paper. They say Christopher Marlowe wrote some of his most passionate love poetry on butcher paper. Jethro decides not to go to Hooterville for Christmas because Drysdale tells him that he might get arrested for breach of promise. Jane is going to drive them there. The Clampetts leave Elly's bear with Drysdale again and Jethro says he's going to stay with him too. 
            Bobbie Jo was played by Lori Saunders, who first started acting when she made several appearances on The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet. She then did a lot of commercials. She co-starred in the movies "Mara of the Wilderness" and "Blood Bath". In 1965 she was cast to replace Pat Woodell as Bobbie Jo Bradley on Petticoat Junction. Along with her fellow TV sisters Meredith MacRae and Linda Henning she was part of a singing group called The Girls From Petticoat Junction. They recorded an album and appeared on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show. After Petticoat Junction was canceled she played Betty Gordon in the last season of The Beverly Hillbillies. She was a regular on Tails of Wells Fargo. She played Betsy McGuire on Dusty's Trail. She co-starred in the movies "Head On", "So Sad About Gloria", and the science fiction film "Captive". She's now a photographer, a sculptor, and a painter.













No comments:

Post a Comment