Wednesday 3 May 2023

May 3, 1993: I tried to sell my Omni Magazines but was told they were in too bad condition


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday I got to West Toronto Secondary School at 9:00. I worked first period and had second off so I had an extended lunch. I mentioned to Danya that I was broke and she lent me $10. I made some calls from the teachers lounge and then worked until 15:15. I bought some streetcar tokens and with the remainder of the money I got eggs, bread, and oranges. I walked west on Bloor with my old Omni Magazines, looking for a second hand book store that might be interested in buying them. I stopped from time to time to eat. I only found one place where the woman behind the counter told me that they were in too poor a condition for her to buy them. I walked to the Queensway and Royal York and got to work at the Etobicoke School of the Arts at 18:00. That gorgeous teacher was instructing the class. I got paid in cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment