Sunday 21 May 2023

May 21, 1993: I was feeling very creative after the success of my first public poetry reading


Thirty years ago today 

            On Friday Saturn was retrograde in Pisces. I worked at 12:48 at Northern Secondary School. I was feeling really creative since Thursday night's success in reading my poetry in public for the first time. I took my poetry to work and spent every free moment writing. After work I went down to the Board of Education to hand in my time sheet and then picked up my cheque at the Ontario College of Art. I walked to Gwartzman's on Spadina where I bought two hard cover sketch books to use for writing, a pen, and a paint brush. On my way home I went to the Beer Store to get beer and then bought some groceries. Nancy and my daughter were waiting in the car outside my place. My daughter was jumping up and down when she saw me. She was delighted to see that I'd assembled her red wagon and wanted to take it out right away. She went to sleep at around 18:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment