Tuesday 2 May 2023

May 2, 1993: My daughter and I watched a beetle in a hole in the back yard


Thirty years ago today 

            On Sunday, after having been asleep since 16:00 on Saturday, my daughter woke up at 9:00 and dragged me out of bed. I let her play while I made breakfast. She ate the greens that were left over from Friday because that was all I had for her or me. I gradually got her ready and went out to call Nancy collect from the payphone. We had half an hour to catch the bus and so we went back to my place to get the tokens. I made some more soymilk for her bottle, we watched a beetle in a hole in the back yard, and then caught the bus. We got to her mother's place at around 14:00. I sat there for about fifteen minutes to say goodbye. She wanted me to stay and play in the back yard with her but I had to use my bus transfer before it timed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment