Sunday 7 May 2023

May 7, 1993: My daughter was banging a hammer on Henry Moore's "Large Two Forms" sculpture


Thirty years ago today

            My daughter slept from 16:00 on Thursday until 8:00 on Friday. I put her straight in the tub to wash off the shit. We had poached eggs and toast. We played a bit and then I got her ready to go out. She wanted to bring my hammer along. We went to the school playground and someone asked us to leave, but I only left when it got dangerous. We were walking on Queen and she indicated by pointing that she wanted to go into Taco Bell. She ate a bean burrito. We went downtown to the Ontario College of Art but since Connie wasn't around for me to ask about bookings we started headed up toward the Board of Education. We stopped in front of the Art Gallery of Ontario where she started banging with the hammer on the big, hollow metal Henry Moore sculpture Large Two Forms. It made a great sound. Three officials came out to tell me to make her stop but I refused and waited until she was finished banging.

No comments:

Post a Comment