Wednesday 10 May 2023

May 10, 1993: I was now spending 70 minutes a day with the TV off and getting a lot done


Thirty years ago today 

            On Monday I started my first day of a week of posing at Northern Secondary School. I started at 10:15 and what a civilized time that is to begin work. During lunch and on the subway ride home I did a lot of writing about my time in Vancouver. I had something to eat and then headed back out to work at the Ontario College of Art. I was a little late and there was a mix-up with a double booking but of course I stayed and the other model got to leave. I did gesture poses all night. I called Nancy and arranged to take my daughter after work on Tuesday. I went home and did some darkroom work, developing a photo for my portfolio of Adelaide and John Streets. I was now cutting seventy minutes a day of television out of my life and I was getting lots done. I'd finished my latest series of collages but I still needed to work on some earlier ones I'd started.

No comments:

Post a Comment