Thursday 11 May 2023

May 11, 1993: I made a Mediterranean salad but my daughter only liked the zucchini


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I got up around 11:00 and so I just had time for breakfast, a little cleaning and some writing before leaving for work. I wrote on the subway about the period when I was dating both Jennifer and Yvette. I worked from 14:00 to 15:15 at Northern Secondary School and then went to meet my daughter at the St. Clair subway station. But when I called her mother's place I got a message that she wouldn't be there until 16:30 and so I went for a frozen yogourt and came back. While waiting I did some more writing about three years before. But Nancy wasn't there when she said she would be and I decided that if she didn't arrive by 17:00 I would leave. She showed up about two minutes before I was going to go. My daughter was asleep and so I carried her home. She woke up at around 19:30 and I held her. I cooked a Mediterranean salad but she only liked the zucchini. I took her downtown to meet her mother and Mike Copping.

No comments:

Post a Comment