Saturday 3 December 2022

Addison Richards


            On Friday morning I memorized the fourth verse of "J'ai pas d'regret" (I've No Regrets) by Boris Vian. 
            I memorized the third and fourth verses of "Rupture au miroir" (Crack in the Mirror) by Serge Gainsbourg. That's the halfway point in the song. 
            I felt out of it during song practice as if I hadn't gotten enough sleep, although I'd had the same amount as usual. I think I'm psychologically fatigued by all that I need to get done in the next two weeks. I have two assignments due tomorrow, another due on Wednesday, and two essays to write.
            I weighed 84.5 kilos before breakfast, which is the lightest I've been in the morning in nine days. 
            I felt sleepy in the late morning but forced myself to stay awake so I could copy the text from more English in the World lecture slides. I made it to the middle of October. 
            I weighed 84.3 kilos before lunch.            
            I took a siesta after lunch but didn't feel sleepy anymore. I decided to stay in bed until 15:00 but fell asleep after all and got up at 15:30. 
            I took a bike ride downtown and back and it started raining halfway home, but I only got slightly damp.
            I weighed 84.1 kilos at 17:00. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:30. 
            I continued to copy text from my lecture slides but I'm still in the middle of October. I have two assignments that are due at 14:00 on Saturday and I was hoping to have this done before starting on them. 
            I had a potato with gravy and two small steaks while watching season 2, episode 27 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            Jed has been invited to the ground-breaking ceremony for Milburn Drysdale's new bank because Jed is an investor although he doesn't know it. Jed trusts Drysdale to handle his money and that's why it keeps increasing. Drysdale's partners in the new bank are looking forward to meeting the financial wizard Jed Clampett. 
            When Jed gets there he meets Marian Billington again but he still thinks her name is Beverly Caterers. When she says, "I'm Marian Billington", Jed thinks she's saying "I'm marryin Billington" and he tells her, "He's a lucky man!" When Drysdale's partners hear Jed tell Marian that her boss should put some money into crawdads, they think he's talking about a company called Crawdad and they rush to call their broker to put large amounts of money in Crawdad. The market goes wild because everyone thinks it's a hot tip. 
            When Drysdale tells Jed that he's helping to build the bank, he thinks it's like a barn raising and he heads home to get his work clothes on. The whole family comes back to help but Drysdale and his partners just dig a few shovels of dirt, get their pictures taken and leave. Jed says they owe it to their friend to build a bank for him, so they work all night with the materials that are on the site. The next day Drysdale looks from his office through his binoculars and sees a shack with "Commerce Bank" painted on it. In the end he's touched by Jed's gesture. Jed tells him that down the road he should replace the wooden bank with a sturdier one and Drysdale says that's a great idea. 
            One of Drysdale's partners, Mr. Lucas, was played by Addison Richards, who died before this episode aired in April of 1964. His first movie was Riot Squad in 1933 and he appeared in more than 300 films before he died. He played general Custer in "Badlands of Dakota", the marshal in "Broken Star". He played J.B. Barker on the sitcom "The People's Choice". He played Doc Jay Calhoun and Doc Landy in the western series "Trackdown" and "The Deputy". He played Dean Hollister on "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis". 
            I searched for bedbugs and for the third night in a row I found none.

No comments:

Post a Comment