Monday 12 December 2022

December 12, 1992: My daughter kept wanting to sit in the snow


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I picked my daughter up at her mother's place at around 11:00. As I carried her across the snowy playing field she kept wanting to get down and sit in the snow. We went downtown to Kinkos where I made some copies and enlargements of my Venus Aligned with Mars collage. I bought some diapers and changed her at the Second Cup while bumping my head on the towel dispenser. I went to Henry's where I bought fixer for my dark room and then we went home. She didn't fall asleep until after I put her down. After she woke up and I tried to feed her, I got her dressed and we went out with the toboggan. She didn't seem thrilled, and I think she wanted me to take her back to Scarborough. Back at home I danced with her and tried to feed her again until I put her to bed. I stayed up and ate my pizza while watching a documentary about Henry VIII but not all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment