Thursday 15 December 2022

December 15, 1992: Just after midnight I started another season as Christmas help at Canada Post


December 15, 1992 

            Just after midnight on Tuesday I arrived at the Canada Post plant to start another season as Christmas help. We went through about an hour of training. The only thing different was that the time cards were now computerized strips. We worked about six hours with half an hour for lunch and breaks. It was mostly just sorting mail like last year but for the last hour we separated mail. After work I headed home and went straight to bed. I woke up at around 14:00 and called Marie. I went to the supermarket and got some oranges and stuff. I had breakfast and then Marie called to ask me over. I shaved and got there at around 16:00. I read her some poetry, Leonard Cohen's, and mine, and we talked. She gave me a present and a card that I couldn't open until Christmas. We looked at Matisse's cut-outs. Her husband would be leaving on Friday, and she would be following him on Saturday. I was hoping we could spend a night together, but I didn't ask. I left at around 18:00. Mike Copping came over in the evening. There was no work at Canada Post that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment