Sunday 25 December 2022

December 25, 1992: My daughter's favourite presents were the little broom and shovel


Thirty years ago today 

            On Christmas day at 8:30 my dad woke me up to ask me to shovel his front steps. I waited around all morning for my daughter to wake up so she could open her presents, but it was around 12:30 by the time that she and her mother got out of bed. The first things she opened were her presents from Mike Copping. She played with the blocks while I strained to blow up the car. Next she opened the Lego followed by the broom and shovel. As I suspected, the last two were her favourites. I guessed that she would grow into the Lego. We visited my Aunt Pear, and while we were there, Aunt Helen and Uncle Peter showed up. Later I talked on the phone with my ex-sister-in-law Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment