Monday 26 December 2022

December 26, 1992: Nancy and I talked the way we used to before she went crazy


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday, Nancy and I talked until 6:00 because she was afraid to go to bed in the dark in a strange place. We had a pretty good conversation and talked the way we used to before she went crazy. It had been a very nice holiday for me, Nancy, and our daughter. We heard Dad getting up at 6:00 and Nancy panicked and rushed to bed, saying, "He's gonna think we were having sex!" I got up in the late morning and the baby woke at around noon. When Nancy rose in the early afternoon we went out to the store. I carried my daughter out a few minutes after Nancy and just as we were leaving, my sister Sibyl, her husband Ken and their kids Nicholas and Aaron pulled into the driveway. At the store Nancy expressed her annoyance over my dad's complaining. When we were walking back to Dad's place my brother Allison drove in. Nicholas and Aaron seemed to like their presents. Sibyl gave me Chicklets and Brut. Allison gave me $20, but we had nothing for him. My daughter was asleep when we got to the station in Grand Falls and we caught the bus at 21:30. She slept part of the way to Montreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment