Monday 19 December 2022

December 19, 1992: With trees knocked down along the path the storm had really turned the nature trail wild


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I arrived to pick my daughter up at around 10:30 but there was a big delay with Nancy getting everything together. On the way south on the Warden bus I noticed Christmas trees being sold in the parking lot of the Warden Woods Mall, so I got off and bought a little pine for $8. I carried it in one arm with the baby in the other. When I got home, I set it up but couldn't get the lights unraveled. I struggled with them until I put my daughter to bed, all through her nap, and after she woke up. I took her out for a walk after dark on the nature trail, which the storm last week had really turned into a nature trail. It was dreadfully slippery, and trees had been knocked down all along the path. We walked to the end of the trail before I realized that my daughter's hat was gone. I strained my eyes to search for it in the dark all the way back only to find it on my front step. I didn't get her to bed until much later.

No comments:

Post a Comment