Wednesday 7 December 2022

December 7, 1992: If Canada Post didn't hire me for Christmas help I wouldn't be able to go to New Brunswick for the holidays


Thirty years ago today 

            On Monday I got up at around 9:30 and I called Canada Post to find out if there was going to be work for me sorting mail over the holidays. 
            I phoned Marie and she was glad to hear from me. We arranged to meet on Tuesday. 
            I called Rosemary to find out when to meet her and I left my place a little after 11:00. Rosemary was late as usual. I worked in costume for two poses. She'd read my Grubb Magazine submissions and the responses and gave them back to me. She dropped me off at around 18:30. 
            It dawned on me that if Canada Post didn't call me with work, I wouldn't be able to afford to go to New Brunswick for the holidays, whether I passed my driving test or not. I called Nancy that night to find out how bad she wanted to go. She said she had no money. 
            I spoked to my daughter on the phone, and she seemed to almost respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment