Sunday 4 December 2022

December 4, 1992: I was three minutes late and a guy pointed at his watch as I came in


Thirty years ago today

            I woke up at 4:30 on Friday and realized that I was half an hour late to wake up Mike Copping. I called to him, but he stayed in bed until 5:00 anyway. I was three minutes late for work at Northern Secondary School and apparently, they'd been looking for me. Some guy pointed at his watch as I came up the stairs. There was a supply teacher because Mr. White had a car accident that morning. I worked until 15:15 and then went down to the Board of Education followed by the Ontario College of Art to pick up my cheques. I put $150 on my phone bill and then went to Eaton Centre to meet Nancy. She wasn't there, so I waited. I had an ice cream, and a coffee, then I checked out an endless tape for my answering machine. I called Nancy's place but there was no answer, and then she showed up to hand me the baby. My daughter fell asleep on the way to my place and slept until 21:00. I had her overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment