Sunday 18 December 2022

December 18, 1992: When Marie told me about her mother's gaping wound it sounded so absurd that I started laughing


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday I got to the Canada Post plant at 0:30 and worked until 7:45. It was fairly easy. When I got home, I slept until almost 15:00 and so it was a real rush to get downtown to pick up my pay cheques from The Toronto Board of Education and the Ontario College of Art before 16:30, but I did it. It looked like I would have the money for my trip to New Brunswick. I called Marie and when she was telling me about her mother's gaping wound it sounded so absurd that I started laughing. I explained to her why and I hoped she wasn't offended. I bought some barbecued chicken and Pepsi and watched Star Trek. I worked on Marie's Christmas card and watched Kids in the Hall. I cleaned up and then watched Larry Sanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment