Friday 23 December 2022

December 23, 1992: Nancy and the baby were sleeping beside me on the bus to Riviere du Loup


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I went to bed at 4:00 and got up around 10:00. I got everything ready for the trip to New Brunswick pretty quickly. I went out to look for presents for my nephews Nicholas and Aaron. I bought them some magnetic balls and Silly Putty, but Nancy didn't think that was enough. I headed downtown around noon to find my daughter's presents. I got her something like Lego at the Bi-Way. I didn't see Nancy at the Eaton Centre McDonald's and so I went to Shoppers Drug Mart to buy the Blue Jays Magazine for the kids. I walked to the bus station and Nancy was already there. We missed the first two buses because they were full, but they sent another. We changed buses in Kingston. My daughter was restless, but her mother and I seemed to be getting along. We arrived in Montreal at around 21:30, put our stuff in lockers and went looking for something to eat, but had to settle for something on the go. We missed a bus and caught another, which was just as well because it was less crowded. We were on our way to Riviere du Loup, with Nancy and the baby sleeping as I was writing this. I got all caught up on my journal, then turned out the light and shut my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment