Sunday 11 December 2022

December 11, 1992: My driving test was canceled because of the snowstorm


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday morning it was still snow storming and the streets were a mess. I was ready to take my road test, but Lawrence called to tell be it had been canceled. So I did some work at home. I talked with Marie for a while. I went out and got pizza mix, chips, and salsa. I bought a case of the new Presidents Choice lager, and it was amazing how many people stopped me on my way home to ask me about it. I said it was excellent and one of the best beers I'd ever tasted. I was supposed to see my daughter that day, but Nancy couldn't get out of the driveway. I was still hoping for a call about Christmas work from Canada Post, but there was still nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment