Saturday 24 December 2022

December 24, 1992: My Dad was not used to having small children in his home


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday we changed buses in Riviere du Loup and fortunately my daughter didn't wake up. We stayed on the same bus after our stop in Edmundston and got to Grand Falls at around 6:30. We got right into a cab and when we got to Dad's place, he paid the $12 fare. He seemed glad to see us. We were pretty spaced out after the trip. Nancy went to sleep and so I had to stay up and deal with the baby. Dad's place was not set up for small children and there were all kinds of restrictions that my daughter wasn't used to. When I couldn't stand up anymore, I put the baby on the bed with Nancy and went to sleep. I woke up at around 18:00 and had some turkey that my dad had roasted. We watched TV. The baby woke up a little later and didn't go to sleep until around 0:30. Nancy and I wrapped presents and sorted out the pictures that we'd brought for Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment